Best Survey Sites Online: Top 10 Legit Paid Survey Sites Reviewed
Do you dream of working from home? If so, you have probably scoured the web looking for legitimate opportunities. In all likelihood, you’ve been crestfallen to discover that the majority of “work at home” jobs are scams.
But one work at home opportunity which is real is taking surveys for cash. It may sound scammy, but it isn’t. Think about it for a moment.
How do companies figure out what types of products customers are shopping for?
How do they evaluate whether their current product lines are performing or not?
Sure, they could wait around for their revenue to tell the tale, but they would lose a lot of money in the process.
So they send out surveys. This is the best way to get up-to-date, highly specific information across many demographic groups. That information is worth a lot of money to large and small businesses alike.
And that’s why they are willing to pay you to take surveys!
Not all companies pay equally, though, and some are a little bit slippery when it comes to your privacy information. Not all survey websites are valid either. That’s why you need to search for the best survey sites.
What are some survey sites that actually pay? How can you be sure your privacy will be protected while you make money taking surveys?
We’ve Rated the Best Paid Survey Sites!
That’s where we come in. We want you to stay safe and make good money taking legitimate online surveys. So we have compiled a list of the top paid survey sites and done detailed reviews on survey sites that pay.
Our criteria for ranking online paid surveys include:
• Convenience: Is it fast and easy to get paid to take surveys, or do you have to jump through a lot of hoops?
• Access: Can you take surveys for money on your mobile device, or are you stuck using a desktop or laptop?
• Quality of offers: Legitimate survey sites pay you well for your time. You don’t waste an hour to make $1. If you are fast, you should be able to at least pull in a minimum wage doing this, sometimes more.
• Privacy: When you are getting money for surveys, you want to make sure you aren’t trading off too much privacy along the way. We’ll let you know how much personal information survey companies are asking for, and which ones may send your information to third parties.
If you’re looking for a simple, streamlined site which is minimal on the graphics and will offer you the utmost on convenience and accessibility, MySurvey is where it’s at. MySurvey is also great when it comes to transparency; you know what you can expect in terms of rewards before you take the surveys, so you don’t end up wasting any time.
There’s one downside, and that is that the high end surveys run out fast. So if you want to take advantage of the best offers, you need to stay on top of things.
• Convenience: 5/5. Unlike a lot of sites that make you jump through endless hoops before you can even take a survey, MySurvey lets you get right down to business. You also can choose whether you want your payouts as cash or gift cards.
• Access: 4/5. You can access the site through a standard browser on your laptop or desktop, but trying to view it on a mobile device has mediocre results.
• Quality of Offers: 5/5. Not only are there a lot of great offers available (if you act fast), but you always know exactly what you are getting yourself into and what kind of payout you can expect.
• Privacy: 4/5. The company clearly asks for your consent before disclosing your information to third parties, and usually they black out your information anyway.
• Overall: 5/5. In terms of convenience, quality of offers, and privacy, you are not going to beat MySurvey. The mobile problems are the only real drawback.
This is definitely one of your best choices when it comes to taking paid surveys. In terms of transparency, you are going to find few other sites that come close to Swagbucks. The site’s design is simple and streamlined, and you can get up and started quickly. Payouts are reliable, and the company always tells you straight-up what they will do with your personal information.
• Convenience: 5/5. You can get started taking surveys right away, and you will find a huge selection of opportunities, many which pay out very nicely.
• Access: 5/5. You can take paid surveys on Swagbucks on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
• Quality of Offers: 4/5. There is a good selection of surveys which pay well, and you can get paid fast.
• Privacy: 4/5. The company will give out your information to third parties, but they are thorough and up-front about it and tell you exactly what you can expect. So you know what you are getting yourself into, and there are no nasty surprises.
• Overall: 5/5. This is a rare survey site which stands out from the crowd and has a lot to offer!
3. Pinecone Research
On the short list of really awesome survey sites, Pinecone Research occupies a high spot. This company isn’t perfect and there are some hassles involving payments (nothing illegitimate), but there they are one of the best when it comes to privacy.
• Convenience: 3/5. The sign-up process is a bit arduous, but once you get through it, you will find that taking online surveys for money on Pinecone Research is easy. The only other problem with convenience is that Pinecone pays out in “points” instead of cash initially, though you can use the points to buy things or convert them into cash, so it all works out in the end.
• Access: 4/5. The majority of platforms and browsers work just fine, though you may have issues if you are using Linux Redhat.
• Quality of Offers: 3/5. Surveys can take a while to fill out, and they don’t pay out a whole lot, but you can make around minimum wage if you focus.
• Privacy: 5/5. This company does not send out your personal information to their clients. They only send out aggregate information. That’s quite rare in the world of cash paid surveys.
• Overall: 4/5. Pinecone could pay out more on their surveys, but the fact that they take privacy so seriously and offer good convenience and ease of access makes them a standout company to deal with.
4. Opinion Outpost
If you are tired of survey sites that take a lifetime to pay out, Opinion Outpost may feel like a breath of fresh air. This company is renowned for its fast payouts, and offers a wide selection of profitable surveys.
• Convenience: 4/5. The site is streamlined and easy to use. Unfortunately a lot of users report crashes and freezes, as well as many surveys which screen you out midway in. Still, Opinion Outpost scores a 4/5 in this category because of the quick and reliable payouts. Not a lot of survey sites can compete in that respect.
• Access: 3/5. This site does not work very well on mobile devices, but is great on laptops and desktops.
• Quality of Offers: 4/5. This site is actually one of the best when it comes to high-paying offers.
• Privacy: 3/5. Opinion Outpost is quite standard in this respect. They will sell your information, and they have a lot of cookies, but they are pretty transparent about it.
• Overall: 4/5. Opinion Outpost definitely has its flaws, but it still scores highly for us because of the fast payout policy.
5. Prize Rebel
Prize Rebel offers one of the most beautifully designed, easy-to-navigate interfaces we have seen, which makes it stand out from the moment you see it. There really is not a whole lot to report in the way of negatives; the site pays out fast and it’s a great choice all around.
• Convenience: 5/5. You can search high and low, but you are not going to find a lot of survey experiences that compete with this one in terms of sheer pleasantness. You’ll find the website is a breeze to use, and payouts are processed every day. You’ll receive rewards quickly. The site is also very clear on what you need to do to redeem rewards.
• Access: 5/5. You can access Prize Rebel on most devices and browsers without a problem.
• Quality of Offers: 4/5. There is plenty of variety in the surveys and activities available (including some other options like watching videos), and many of them pay quite well.
• Privacy: 4/5. We haven’t seen many complaints about Prize Rebel when it comes to privacy. The site is transparent about how your information will be used by third parties.
• Overall: 4/5. This is definitely one of the best online survey sites. If you’re looking for legit survey sites that pay, you should have a great experience with Prize Rebel.
6. Ipsos i-Say
Ipsos is a pretty good choice for surveys if you are looking to make decent money without putting in a ton of time and effort. It’s also good if you want a minimalist interface without a lot of cookies or unwanted downloads. Unfortunately the site suffers from some weird errors and issues, and qualifying for surveys can be tough.
• Convenience: 3/5. Ipsos i-Say is a mixed bag in this respect. On one hand, the site is beautifully designed, easy to use, and not littered with junk. On the other, you some times get strange errors while taking surveys.
Usually these don’t stop you from proceeding or make you start over, but they can be annoying.
• Access: 4/5. There are mobile apps available, but for some reason you can only download them if you are taking certain surveys. Otherwise, you have to use the normal site. Thankfully the design is relatively responsive.
• Quality of Offers: 4/5. Ipsos i-Say has a lot of high-paying surveys available, so it’s great from a return-on-investment standpoint.
• Privacy: 4/5. There isn’t a whole lot to complain about here, especially with the clean site design. Ipsos i-Say is pretty clear about how they plan to distribute and use your information.
• Overall: 4/5. Ipsos i-Say is a good choice for top paid surveys, and aside from a few annoyances, works pretty well.
7. Global Test Market
Global Test Market is pretty liberal with giving out your personal information. This may make you squeamish if you’re worried about your privacy (it’s all with your consent, but that includes consenting to their zillions of cookies), but often it results in more opportunities.
Companies sometimes will get in touch with you for additional surveys and product testing if you are in their target market, which may end up paying off in terms of cash.
• Convenience: 4/5. The site makes it relatively easy to register and get started, and payouts, while slow, are reliable. The most annoying thing is that you can waste a lot of time on surveys that you ultimately get screened out of.
• Access: 4/5. While the site loads fine on most platforms, there are enough cookies to fill a whole counter full of cookie jars. As a result, the site can be a little slow and tedious at times.
• Quality of Offers: 4/5. The quality of offers varies quite a bit. Many of the offers pay out very little, but a few are outstanding.
• Privacy: 3/5. This is not an area where Global Test Market impresses. Yes, you will be asked for your consent, but it is easy to forget you are consenting to the cookies.
• Overall: 3.5/5. Global Test Market is neither amazing nor terrible; they are pretty much run-of-the-mill. Being as most survey sites are not all that great, we can still recommend them, but not as strongly as some of the other paid survey sites we have reviewed.
8. Inbox Dollars
Inbox Dollars is a somewhat unique survey for money site in that it offers a different approach than many here. Along with taking traditional money surveys, the site offers you other unusual ways to earn income. You can make money by reading emails, surfing the internet, playing games, and more.
• Convenience: 4/5. Inbox Dollars is pretty easy to use, and the site offers a lot of cool ways for you to make money. It can be more entertaining than a lot of other legitimate paid survey sites.
• Access: 5/5. It is generally not difficult to access Inbox Dollars on your laptop, desktop, or mobile device, and the site is compatible with the majority of browsers.
• Quality of Offers: 2.5/5. The return you get on your investment can vary widely depending on the offer you accept. There are some sign-ups that allow you to instantly make $10 or more. But there are other activities (like reading emails) which only pay out a few cents.
• Privacy: 3/5. Many of Inbox Dollar’s clients are quite aggressive when it comes to going after personal information, and some users report that those third parties have even requested information you shouldn’t give out (like bank account information). You will be notified in advance, though, and do not need to give this information or work with those third parties.
• Overall: 3.5/5. Inbox Dollars is a company which offers a lot of fun and unique ways to make money online, but you need to read the fine print carefully and be choosy about the offers you accept.
Toluna will hardly blow you away when it comes to the amount of money you’ll be paid. It takes a long time and a lot of work to actually get any significant payout. That said, they are still considered one of the top paid survey sites, and they do have a few things going for them, especially in the area of accessibility.
• Convenience: 4/5. With a simple user interface and plenty of opportunities, it’s easy to use Toluna.
• Access: 5/5. This is where Toluna stands out from a lot of competitors. The company has worked hard to create excellent apps for both Android and iOS mobile systems. A lot of the other best survey sites for money don’t even have apps, and their pages load imperfectly on mobile or not at all.
• Quality of Offers: 2/5. Most of the offers on Toluna are pretty stingy, so it takes a long time to get to the point where you are being paid anything significant.
• Privacy: 3/5. Toluna is pretty good at telling you how they will use your information, but of course they will do anything to make money. So they will be pretty liberal about sharing it with third parties.
• Overall: 3/5. Toluna isn’t amazing in most respects (in some it is actually rather disappointing), but the mobile apps make up for it a bit. Basically, you don’t want to sit down and use this site as a principle income source, but it’s a great way to make a little extra cash when you are waiting around with your mobile device, an internet connection, and nothing better to do.
10. Opinion Place
Opinion Place in many ways is outstanding, especially when it comes to user privacy and payouts. They do have one major drawback, however, which is that surveys are incredibly limited.
You can choose any you want, but you can only do one per week, and you can only open one account per household. This means that it is good for supplementing your survey income, but shouldn’t constitute your main choice.
• Convenience: 2/5. Opinion Place is great in terms of letting you choose the surveys you want, but being confined to just one a week is hardly convenient.
• Access: 5/5. Reviewers report that Opinion Place is easy to access on desktop, laptop, or mobile.
• Quality of Offers: 5/5. These are some of the higher-paying survey opportunities online!
• Privacy: 5/5. This is one of the few survey sites that does not sell your information to third parties.
• Overall: 3.5/5. If Opinion Place let you take more surveys, they’d easily rate a 4 or even a 5. But since they have limited utility, we are giving them a 3.5. Still, with so many great features, there is no reason not to sign up.
Now you know where you can take the best online surveys for money! So start signing up on survey sites and bringing home the bacon!
Before you get started, be sure to take a look at our in-depth reviews. We’ll make sure you know all the pros and cons for each of these sites and what to expect when you go to sign up! Thanks for letting us help you stay safe and earn money online!