Looking for a user-friendly survey site where you can earn good money on surveys, trial offers, and referrals? One website you will definitely want to look into is CashCrate (sometimes stylized “Cash Crate”).
CashCrate has been around for a long time in internet terms; the site was founded way back in 2006. There are more than two million active users on the CashCrate, so it is very popular and has a strong reputation. In our CashCrate review, we will explore the key features and pros and cons of this site in depth.
Key Features of CashCrate Include:
• There are many ways that you can make money on CashCrate. You can fill out surveys, read e-mails sent by sponsors, earn cash back shopping, or sign up for trial offers (usually with your credit card). You can also play games and participate in contests.
• CashCrate includes an excellent referral system where you were paid a percentage of the earnings of the site users that you refer.
• Registering on CashCrate is fast and easy, and once the process is complete you automatically receive $1 credited directly to your account.
• The minimum payout threshold is $20. While this is higher than you will find that a lot of survey sites, it is still lower than the threshold at many competing sites, and it’s well in line with the industry standard. You could take quite some time to earn this amount, but that depends on the offers you accept. With some trial offers, you could earn that much in less than a day.
• Payouts range quite a bit on CashCrate. Some tasks pay as little as $0.01, while others pay as much as $20. The average payout is toward the lower end of that bracket. As you might expect, tasks which require you to give out your credit card information pay more money.
Pros of CashCrate:
A Clean, Intuitive Website Design
If you are tired of survey sites that have a lot of clutter and spam clogging up the works, you will find CashCrate to be a clean, refreshing alternative. CashCrate loads quickly because there are not a lot of graphics to display. You only see a short list of results on each page, so it is quick and easy to scan through them and figure out what you might want to participate in.
Another great thing about CashCrate is the fact that it is easy to figure out what you’re getting yourself into. Next to each offer, you will see the description. In this description, you will find out what exactly is required of you to complete the offer.
So you will never end up wasting time on an offer, only to find out you do not want to participate any further because you need to provide your credit card information. If that information will be required of you, you’ll know about it upfront.
A Great Referral System
A lot of survey sites include some form of a referral system. Most of these will pay you out a small lump sum if one of your referral successfully joins the site and start using it. Some survey sites, like CashCrate, take it a step further and actually pay you an ongoing percentage of what your friends earn.
This is usually a pretty small percentage at most sites, but CashCrate will pay you as much as 20%. Furthermore, if the friends that you refer end up referring other friends, you’ll get an additional 10% of whatever the secondary referrals end up earning.
Cons of CashCrate:
Payouts Are Low on Average and Take Some Time to Arrive
While some of the offers on CashCrate pay out quite nicely (to the tune of $20 or more), the majority of the offers pay out very little, so it can take quite a bit of time and effort before you earn enough money to cash out. Cashing out is also somewhat inconvenient.
It is not uncommon to have to wait for a month or longer to receive the payment. On average, you can expect to make less than $4 per hour. Of course, compared to a lot of survey sites this is not actually too shabby.
CashCrate May Contact You More Than You Want
The biggest problem with CashCrate is something which emerges in CashCrate reviews. A number of users have complained that CashCrate may not be as spammy a website, but it does send out a lot of spam. You will find plenty of junk cluttering up your inbox, and worse, some customers have said that they actually received calls to their mobile or home phone numbers.
Cold calling is an effective marketing technique, so it is understandable why some CashCrate partners may engage in it, but it can also be seriously annoying to a lot of customers.
Conclusion: A Clean Site Design and Great Referral System Make CashCrate a Worthy Site to Join
CashCrate definitely has its flaws. You should be prepared to receive a lot of unwanted e-mails and possibly unwanted phone calls when you sign up. For that reason, you should definitely sign up using a spam e-mail account instead of your main e-mail account.
CashCrate could also pay out more money and do it with more regularity. It would be nice if the site would catch up with the times and start sending out instant PayPal payments.
Even with those complaints, however, CashCrate has a lot to offer. There are so many different ways that you can earn money on the site, so you are unlikely to get bored. Some of the offers pay out quite well and even though the average hourly rate is not very high, it is still higher than what you will find that many competing survey sites.
The site itself is clean and pleasant to browse and easy-to-use. The referral system is one of the best in the industry. For all these reasons, it is easy to give CashCrate a high recommendation despite its flaws.