SendEarnings (sometimes stylized “Send Earnings”) is one survey website which is easy to recommend, because it is owned by CotterWeb Enterprises, the same company which runs InboxDollars.
We are big fans of InboxDollars, and this website is quite similar in terms of what it can offer. Both sites are far from perfect, but they offer a huge variety of tasks for making money online, and are excellent if you want to take a break from doing yet another mind-numbing survey.
Who is behind CotterWeb Enterprises? The company was founded way back in the mists of time (2000) by Darren Cotter. CotterWeb acquired the SendEarnings brand in 2005. Since 2006, the company has paid out over $25 million to members of its various survey sites.
Key Features of SendEarnings Include:
• A quick and easy sign-up process. All you have to do is provide your email address, go through the activation link which is sent to your email, and you are ready to start making money. Oh yeah, and as a reward, you get $5 just for signing up, so you are off to a great start.
• You earn cash instead of points on SendEarnings. That means that you will see cash stacking up incrementally as you complete surveys and offers. Earning 50 cents on a survey rather than 50 points may not feel exactly encouraging, but it does give you a more realistic portrait of what you are earning. Plus, after a while you will get used to it, and you will realize that enough 50 cent surveys can really add up.
• There are tons of different ways you can make money through SendEarnings. This is not just another website which makes you work through survey after boring survey. There are so many other ways you can engage your time and your mind to earn cash.
Pros of SendEarnings:
Fabulous Variety to Break Up the Day
The best thing about SendEarnings is that there is so much you can do to make money on the site! You can take traditional surveys, but you can also try earning cash the following ways:
• Play a fun game through GSN games. This is a pretty time-consuming way to earn cash, but if you play games anyway, you may as well make money doing what you enjoy, right?
• Watch videos. You can make $0.01 per video. Yes, that is next to nothing, but if you are resting your brain between surveys or something, you may as well be paid a penny to do it.
• Search using SendEarnings’ proprietary search engine. This is also not a very lucrative use of your time, but if you are searching the web anyway, you may as well make some cash. You can earn up to $0.15 per day doing this. But hey, that’s around $54 in a calendar year. Why wouldn’t you want $54?
• Get paid to read an email. Sometimes the company will send you “Paid Emails.” You literally just open the email and click “Confirm this PaidEmail” at the bottom, and you instantly get around $0.10.
• Earn cash through referrals. Another way you can make money on SendEarnings is by getting someone else to do it for you. If you refer a friend and he or she joins up and uses the site, you can earn 10% of whatever he or she makes.
If you refer someone who barely uses the site, obviously this will pay you nothing. If however you refer someone who uses the site like crazy, it could add up after a while.
• Redeem coupons. Along with those paid emails, this is probably the most efficient way to make money using SendEarnings. Basically, if you redeem any of the coupons offered through the site, you can earn around $0.10 per coupon. So for every ten coupons you use, you get around $1 back on your purchases.
• Complete micro-tasks. If you are familiar with the Mechanical Turk program offered by Amazon.com, you know roughly what to expect. There are numerous little tasks you can complete to get a very small payout.
As you can see, you cannot make a living using SendEarnings. That is true for any survey site, but definitely for this one in particular. Still, it is undeniably more fun and interesting than a lot of site that pays out more but only offer you the same task over and over: boring surveys.
As mentioned earlier, you see what you are earning in terms of cash instead of points. This is actually a good thing if you want to see at a glance where you are at and know how close you are to a cash-out threshold at all times. Plus, you know that everything you are doing is adding up to some kind of cash value. You are not stuck with any weird points you can only convert into branded merchandise or other types of rewards you may not want.
Cons of SendEarnings:
Getting Paid Is Slow and Inconvenient
The biggest drawback with SendEarnings (aside from the fact that you are not going to make a lot of money on it) is the fact that actually getting at the money you do make can be a pain.
First of all, you need to wait until you accumulate at least $30 worth of earnings before you are allowed to withdraw. Naturally this means you may need to spend quite a lot of time doing tasks through the site before you can take out any money.
Secondly, once you do finally reach the $30 threshold, there is no instant way to withdraw. They will not transfer funds to you through PayPal or an electronic gift card. Instead, they mail you a check.
It can easily take up to two months to receive your payments. And as if that were not inconvenience enough, you will also be charged a processing fee of $3 for each of your withdrawals. That’s the equivalent of 30 paid emails—ouch.
Conclusion: Good for Variety
To conclude our Send Earnings review, this is a good website to use to break up the day and do something a little different from taking yet another boring survey. You get to actually make money doing it, and even though it isn’t a lot, a little is better than nothing.
Log onto SendEarnings when your brain is feeling fried from answering too many questions. Play a game or do a search. Take advantage of the easy paid emails and coupons and you will gradually work toward that $30 threshold.